Workshop III: Receiving Personalized Care and Treatments That Fit Your Lung Cancer Diagnosis
August 6 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm EDT
How Biomarker Testing is Helping to Close the Health Equity Gap in Lung Cancer
What to expect?
This workshop will cover the latest advances in biomarker testing, immunotherapy, targeted therapies, minimally invasive procedures, and lung cancer treatment that are transitioning lung cancer to a treatable disease. Health equity and improving access to multidisciplinary lung cancer teams for Black Americans will be discussed.
Participants will learn about how physicians utilize biomarker testing to optimize treatment decisions that are improving lung cancer survival through precision medicine. Precision medicine is a model that allows physicians to personalize treatment decisions for each person diagnosed with lung cancer. The personalized approach involves your primary care physician, surgeon, and oncologist working together to identify the best treatment that will more effectively target your specific type of lung cancer. Healthcare professionals will discuss how to improve access to biomarker testing and precision medicine for Black Americans.
- To identify the role of biomarker testing in transforming lung cancer to a treatable disease
- To understand how advances in immunotherapy, targeted therapies, and lung cancer treatment are improving lung cancer survival and quality of life
- To understand why health equities, exist in cancer treatment
- To describe the resources available to learn about biomarker marker testing and precision medicine
- To understand the role of non-profits and survivor advocacy groups in providing support to people diagnosed with lung cancer
- To understand how to effectively communicate patient and caregiver needs to healthcare providers
This Educational Event is Sponsored By: